10 questions to ask your mom on Mother's Day
Mother’s Day can be a great excuse to connect with a woman who helped raise you. Of course, everyone has a different relationship with their mother (we’d love to take this opportunity to remind you of our article on metaconversations in case you think it’d be helpful to tweak something in your relationship with your mom), but for those of you who want to take the chance to get closer to the matriarch in your life, we’ve put together some questions to help create meaningful conversations that you might not have had with her before. Feel free to pick and choose the questions that feel right-- we recommend going with your intuition about what questions would work best for the kind of relationship you have with your mom.
1. Were there any similarities between me and you as a child?
2. Did you have a best friend when you were a kid? If so, what were they like?
3. What’s your favorite memory of us?
4. What were you like as a kid?
5. When were you proudest of me?
6. What’s a time that you felt worried or afraid for me?
7. What accomplishment are you proudest of?
8. What were your parents like? What was your relationship with them like? How has it evolved over time?
9. What was your biggest fear about having children?
10. What was the most rewarding thing about raising kids?
Happy Mother’s Day!