The Break: A Shabbat Experience (Hosted by the Jewish Arts Collaborative)
If you want access to early tickets for Skip the Small Talks, join our e-mail list at the top of this page.
If you are interested in this event, you can buy tickets here.
We'll be hosting short-form Skip the Small Talks at this event all night! More information about the rest of the event below.
A new way to experience Shabbat; take a break from the week at Brooklyn Boulders. Climb, meditate, and decompress from six days worth of seemingly infinite scrolling in a phone-free zone. Stretch your woes away in yoga classes led by Julie Starr of Starr Life Studios. Connect to disconnect with a new VR meditation experience. Skip the Small Talk and engage in meaningful conversation. Enjoy acoustic music, art making, Jewish tarot card reading, relax with a cup of Mem Tea, smell the spice of Union Sq Donuts, and all sorts of other unplugged activities – culminating in an alternative Havdalah experience that just may change the way you view “the break” that is Shabbat.
*All participants must fill out a safety waiver to enter the venue, so skip the line and fill out your waiver online. *
- Everyone entering the facility for the first time must sign a waiver and take a facility orientation.
- If you’re under 18 years old, you need a legal guardian present while you climb.
- Bring a lock if you wish to keep your belongings secure in lockers.
- Climbing shoes must be worn on the walls and can be rented at the front desk.
- Wear comfortable, flexible clothing and socks.
- You must be 14 years or older to use the fitness equipment.
While the facility orientation covers basic risk management needed to use the Brooklyn Boulders facility, first-timers often choose to take a Sessions class. For more information, check out Brooklyn Boulders’ website here.