***TICKET LINK: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/skip-the-small-talks-first-birthday-blowout-tickets-35029677709
We tend to sell out for our events in advance, so please get yours as soon as you know you'd like to join us.
Sign up for our e-mail list here to receive a discount code for $5 off!
Do you wish you could have more of the kinds of conversations you have late at night where for some reason, you feel safe talking about the things you actually care about? Do you like cake? If you answered "yes" to either, you might want to come to Skip the Small Talk's FIRST birthday blowout! We're turning one year old in June, so we're going all out for this one!
Approximate schedule (subject to change) is below.
8:00 - 10:00 pm: We'll have a Skip the Small Talk! That means we'll be offering cards with "big talk" conversational questions on them. Not feeling like answering a particular question? No worries, we have plenty to choose from, like, "When are you the happiest?" "What's one part of your life that you wish you could give more attention to? What's getting in the way of you giving more attention to it?" and, "If you were going to become close friends with me, what would I need to know about you?" We'll give you some structure and ground rules to make sure everyone feels comfortable and safe sharing as much of themselves as possible. We'll strive to provide a space where you can push your comfort zone in talking openly while still feeling in complete control of how much you divulge. Ashley, a phone volunteer at a suicide hotline, will be available to talk if tough subjects come up. Please arrive a few minutes early so we can start this as close to on time as possible.
10:00 pm - 1:00 am:
- A Skip the Small Talk ball pit!(!!!!)
- Dancing! There will be a mix of people partner/fusion dancing, people dancing by themselves (no, seriously, people really do this and nobody cares), and people dancing in groups of strangers.
- Interactive art things! We'll have some low-key collaborative art things for you to do if you want to just chill and color something pretty.
- Interactive writing things! We want to give you the chance to reflect on your Skip the Small Talk experience if you want to. We'll have some prompts and you can share your answers with us!
- A selfie photobooth! Photos with strangers encouraged.
- Cake and gluten-free desserts! Because it's our birthday, and we want to, dangit.
Dress: Whatever you'd wear to a Friday night birthday party!
It'll all go down at the Democracy Center, an amazingly adorable little spot about a five-minute walk from the Harvard T station. Unfortunately, it's not wheelchair accessible yet, but they're working on it. You can call them at 617-492-8855 to discuss accessibility needs or learn more about their plans to make the building more accessible.
We've always sold out for these in advance, and if we do, we won't be able to sell tickets at the door, so *please* get your tickets as soon as you know you want to come! If you want a 33% discount on tickets, we'll send a coupon code to our e-mail list. If you're not signed up yet and would like to be, you can do that at www.skipthesmalltalk.org at the very top of the homepage. We won't spam you and we won't give your e-mail out to anyone.
Can't wait to talk, dance, color, and eat cake with y'all soon!
*****TICKET LINK: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/skip-the-small-talks-first-birthday-blowout-tickets-35029677709